The Gulf Coast Down Syndrome Society (GCDSS) wants to see your creativity and t-shirt design skills! GCDSS is holding a T-Shirt Design Contest for the Official 2020 GCDSS Buddy Walk® 20th year commemorative t-shirt. The winning design will be displayed on over 3,000 t-shirts at the GCDSS Buddy Walk® on Oct. 17, 2020. See below for rules and information.
- Contest is open to all Mississippi Gulf Coast Down Syndrome Society Buddy Walk® team participants, friends, and family members of any age!
- One (1) design allowed per individual.
- Design contest runs from January 1 – March 1 (5pm CST). All final designs must be submitted electronically using PDF, JPEG, or PNG formats to email@example.com by the contest deadline. If the file is too large to attach electronically, send an email, and we will make other arrangements.
- 4. Emailed submission must have “BW T-Shirt Contest Submission” in the subject line, along with the artist’s name, phone number, and mailing address included within the body of the email. Note: If artist is a minor, please include the parent/guardian information.
- Winning design, along with the second and third place winning designs, become sole property of GCDSS. GCDSS may display and use the designs at any time, on any items, after the contest.
- All designs must be completely original artwork. We encourage the use of your own creativity.
- You may use the official National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) Buddy Walk® logo in full, unaltered form. NDSS Logo can be found at http://bit.ly/NDSSlogoBW
- Design should not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, clip art, stock photos, or copyrighted works of any source (except the unaltered NDSS logo, if using).
- Design will be on the front of the shirt only.
- Design must be submitted in a print ready format.
- Entries not complying with the contest rules are subject to disqualification without warning.
The design must be no more than three colors and include the following:
- GCDSS (or Gulf Coast Down Syndrome Society)
- The year 2020 (in numerical or word form)
- 20th Anniversary (in numerical or word form)
- A panel of judges will select the top 5 designs. These designs will be featured on GCDSS’s Facebook page from March 8 – March 16 for public voting.
- The design with the most “Likes” on Facebook on March 16, 2020 by 5 p.m. (CST) will win.
- The first-place winning design will be sent to the National Down Syndrome Society for final approval for use. If not approved, the next winning design approved design by the NDSS will win.
AWARDS:1st place $250. 2nd place $150. 3rd place $75.
The winning design will be featured on the front of the 2020 Buddy Walk t-shirt. Also, the design will be displayed on the Gulf Coast Down Syndrome Society Website and Facebook Page recognizing the winner.